Wednesday, February 22, 2012

did it.

My first entry- oh my goodness! Two little Liz's sit upon my shoulder as I write...  insecure Liz talks very loudly in my ear..."How dare you even have the nerve to do this? You can talk yourself out of anything (that's why it's important for me to be impulsive…formerly thought as a negative thing. I will apply it to housework sometime!) how did you end up on here!?? You aren't a good writer!! So many blogs come to mind that are so amazing, why do you think yours will have anything new to talk about?"

Even writing this, I am starting to believe that little insecure voice...so the other little encouraging Liz had better speak up now, or this blog will be over before it started. Loud insecure Liz almost drowns her out, but I can hear encourager Liz whisper..."Why don't you just call this "The Blog That Was Never Written", because of your fear for putting yourself out there, worried about looking like a fool. Yes, you need practice writing- this will give you the opportunity to get better at it and also have it as a creative outlet. What about the blogs you love to follow? What if they decided not to write because it's 'been done before'? How much have you learned from heartfelt writing in your quest to nourish your body, mind and soul? Where would that leave you today if they had the same mindset?" I guess a little less inspired. 

Ok, good point, encouraging Liz, you can stay up there on my shoulder... So....Why am I doing this? Ok, well for starters, I have no lofty ideas that other people will read this other than family....for the husband, sister and brother in law, and best friend who have been bugging me to do this- I think I owe it to you guys for believing (even though I don't!) that I have a voice that should be added to the bazillion other blogs. If there can be anything useful gleaned from our experiences in finding nourishment, then it's enough reason for me to find time to write about it. If at the very least, this is a place for family members to check out once in a while to see if I've kept up my end of the bargain. Did it!

4 comments:

  1. Great blog sister! Proud of you and can't wait for future postings:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, Liz! I am so thankful for your passion for the things that matter! I love that you desire to have better nourishment for you soul and for your health... and for your willingness to pass it on to all of us! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

You read this? Wow, someone's out there! Leave a comment and make my day :)